What To Do:
- If not done in May, do Hummert Long Lasting Dyna-Green Fertilizer with Nutri-Life.
- White Grub Control only, Scotts Grub X 1 application by July 15th
- Bayer Complete Insect Killer:
Will control Ants, Fleas, Chiggers, Ticks, Sod Webworms, and White Grubs
What You'll Need:
Hummert Long Lasting Dyna-Green Fertilizer
Hummert Long Lasting Dyna-Green Fertilizer with Broadleaf Weed Control
Scotss Grub X
Bayer Complete Insect Killer
Summer 2015 Watering Instructions
- For a green healthy lawn all Summer - your lawn needs 1.5” of water per week. If it doesn’t rain, you need to water and use a rain guage to check levels. Do not overwater! This can lead to disease.
Kentucky bluegrass, fescue and other cool season grasses do not have to be watered to stay alive in the summer except during extreme drought (but they won’t look good!). Cool season lawns turn brown and go dormant until cooler fall weather. During drought Apply one inch of water every three weeks to keep the grass crowns hydrated and in good condition or the lawn will die out.
Summer 2015 Mowing Instructions
- Mowing frequency and height directly affects the health and quality of a lawn. Mowing a lawn too short or not often enough can cause disease problems and even death to the grass.
• Never mow when grass blades are wet.
• Mowing height in June, July and August
is as high as the mower will go (or set)
for bluegrass and fescue.
• Never remove more than 1/3 of the
• There is no need to bag or rake grass clippings as long as the grass is mowed often. Short grass clippings decay quickly and re-cycle nutrients back to the soil.
• Use a different mowing pattern each mowing.
• Sharpen and balance mower blades every 10 hours of use.
Toby Quick Tip:
Get a Rain Gauge:
It is essential to know how much rain Mother Nature gives us each week. Invest in a good rain gauge. Overwatering your lawn can lead to disease problems.
Under watering can lead to foundation cracks and loss of expensive landscape plants. A rain gauge will help you determine how much additional water you need to apply each week.